Monday, June 1, 2020

Ava's GachaLife

Ava likes to watch these shows on YouTube call GachaLife. They are high drama, dealing with a lot of difficult situations or topics. She reminds me of me as that is why I loved watching soaps with my mother and reading Sweet Valley High.

She sang to me last night before we went to bed. She sings off key, but she is committed and she knows a lot of the words. She even made up her won song for me. Se is the sweetest.

One of her go-to songs is "Fly me to the moon." I have no idea where she heard such an oldie, but I snap along as she sings.

I am spending less time with Luke these days, which I think is to be expected. However, he is still so sweet and will periodically check on me when one of his calls with his friends ends. He will come and give me a hug and say, "How are you doing Mom?" I am so grateful for the two f them, and I am also grateful for this time with them.

I am grateful that I did the work in the past so that I meet them where they are and they feel unconditional love. I am still working on my temper and it flares up when I am frustrated, but I will continue to do the work because what I want most in my life is to have a strong, loving, healthy  relationship with them.

And I need to do the same work with John. There is a larger deficit there. But I do not think it is insurmountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment