Tuesday, June 2, 2020

M Train

I am reading "M Train" for what I think is the second time. For the life of me, I can't remember when I bought it - let alone read it. Maybe I picked it up in an airport in one of those news stands that's more pharmacy/candy shop than anything.

I do recall being delighted by the book the first time I read it, and I am delighted by it now. That to me is the definition of a good book, Even though my mind, before I started reading it again, didn't even know that I had ought it or if it was one of John's books - as soon as I read the first line, my love for this book came flooding back.

Patti Smith's prose is so striking that it cuts you to core and vibrates there. I find myself rereading sentences just because they are so beautiful. I can't imagine being able to write like that.

The book is about nothing and everything - I want to wrap myself inside it.

I will reread it as soon as I am done and stop at her first reference of a book or author and read one of their works ... maybe then I can be close to living in Patti's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment